Our Architect is a dynamic team player who offers a positive attitude, creative design solutions, and a commitment to consistently exceed client expectations. Certification as licensed professional required. Professional degree in Architecture, plus three to five years of related experience is preferred. This individual is fully competent in all conventional aspects of architecture and independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of varying size and complexity. Responsibilities include analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts; prepares project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data; writes reports and specifications; reviews completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
• Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
• Performs analysis of design, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts.
• Prepares project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data.
• Writes reports and specifications.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
• Identifies, through consultation, clients’ requirements, approximate budget, timetable, and possible needs for future expansion.
• Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs.
• Attempts to identify through collaboration clients’ priorities in terms of needs vs. desires.
• Assists clients in defining their priorities and vision by preparing preliminary sketches of options.
• Prepares and presents designs, specifications, estimated costs, and proposed construction schedule.
• Creates detailed plans integrating engineering, electrical, and HVAC considerations; presents plans to clients for review and approval.
• Modifies new or existing plans as required.
• Prepares scale drawings and contract requirements and submits for bids.
• Collaborates with clients to select and award construction contracts.
• Collaborates with head builder and clients to facilitate the building process to meet clients’ specifications.
• May provide technical guidance to less experience architects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Extremely proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software such as AutoCAD and Revit.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and consultation skills.
• Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required
• 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.
• Certification as a licensed professional required.