Our Architectural Designer is a dynamic team player who offers a positive attitude, creative design solutions, and a commitment to consistently exceed client expectations. This individual is fully competent in all conventional aspects of architecture and independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of varying size and complexity.
• Independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity.
• Performs analysis of design, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts.
• Prepares project specifications, compiling and analyzing relevant data.
• Writes reports and specifications.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
• Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
• Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• With direction from the project designer or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
• Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
• Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
• Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
• Builds models for client/project team review.
• Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
• Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
• Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
• May assist team in construction administration document management.
• Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
• Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
• Proficiency in Revit required.
• Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
• Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
• Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
• Ability to build physical models
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in team environment
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required