Historic Carneal House Renovation & Addition

Built in 1815 by Thomas Carneal, a founder of Covington, Kentucky, this was the first brick house in the city. Also know as the Gano-Southgate House, the residence, while owned by William W. Southgate, was doubled in size with a wing extending out the back of the structure, ca. 1835. The original house is Georgian in concept and shows the influence of the Italian architect Andrea Palladio.

After being converted into four individual apartments, and for the last 35 years being used as a bed and breakfast. Luminaut restored the structure to a single family residence in 2010 with an addition to accommodate the lifestyle of a 21st century family. An underground garage and connector to the addition provides private vehicular and pedestrian access while allowing the exterior renovation and addition to compliment the original structure.

Services

Architecture, Interior Design

Markets

Historic, Residential

Location

Covington, KY